Friday, July 15, 2005

Call for Submissions

I don't know about you, but I browse Calls for Sub the way a chocoholic browses a Godiva shop window. I just find it so much easier to organize my submitting around other people's ideas, I guess. I have now landed in 3 theme anthologies as a result.

And I keep looking, mostly for anthologies, but also for special issues on magazine web sites. The classifieds in Poets & Writers are my favorites -- the cherry-cream-filled dark chocolate bonbons of anthology requests abound -- and I also find them at

This Call for Submissions that came across my desk, via Ivy Alvarez' blog, is wild. I wish I had a poem to respond with, but maybe you do. This is a call for poems based on the tv series Twin Peaks. As Private Press puts it: "Seeking poems that relive the weirdness and wonder of David Lynch's Twin Peaks for an exciting chapbook anthology, A Slice of Cherry Pie."

Now that's an original theme for an anthology.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:04 PM

    Hi:

    I also find it so much easier to organize my submitting around other people's ideas via the calls for submissions route.

    Do you have resources (other than Poets and Writers) for calls for sub that you'd share?

    Thanks

    -LR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try joining this Yahoo group. You get weekly email news about various types of calls for subs:

    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CRWROPPS-B/

    I've been reading it for quite awhile now and have found things that weren't in P&W.

    ReplyDelete