Facing the Book

I just joined Facebook. I have no idea why. Someone invited me. I'm a sucker for new trends, hate to be left behind. But no, I didn't line up to get my iPhone. I figure, let them work out the bugs and then I'll pony up the $500 + $1200 a year to be able to surf the Net with my thumbs while waiting in the doctor's office or in line at the grocery store.

Funny thing was, the minute I got on Facebook, I got a message from someone I had lost track of who's on sabbatical and in India. You figure if someone's halfway around the world and without an email address, you're out of touch. Not in this world, anymore.

Speaking of facing books, I'm facing the last tasks involved in getting my new chapbook together for publication. ANOTHER CIRCLE OF DELIGHT will be available from Small Poetry Press in September. Also from me directly, via my website or my snailmail waiting list. Please let me know if you want to be on the list to be notified. And I will personally hand deliver it, if you live in my neighborhood, or if you are in Washington, D.C., where's I'm heading soon.

Finally, does anyone have a suggestion for a good, portable, engaging airplane book? Nothing with explosions, thankyou, or espionage. Nothing with guns or dying pets. Preferably funny. Appreciate it!

And now, to return the favor in advance, my recommendation: Eat, Pray, Love. Nice, easy read. Funny. Poignant. No one dies or is seriously maimed. It's kind of like an Anne Lamott book, if Anne Lamott ever left the Bay Area and if Anne Lamott were into yoga.