Bouquets to Carol Ann Duffy & Local Laureate Connie Post


Get to know a new Poet Laureate (England's):

Who Is Carol Ann Duffy?

New Laureate's Rhyming Riposte

NYTimes on Duffy with Links

The rain has stopped, and I'm going to try to get out for a walk. If I get wet, that will only be a plus. Rain in May in the Bay Area! The unusual phenom will continue through about midweek, with my spirits soaring accordingly. Yet, I am thoughtful about my water use, luxuriating in small economies. I have no lawn, so no large economies are possible here.

And sending my cheers and bravos to an outgoing local Poet Laureate - Livermore's Connie Post. Post has held the, well -- post -- for several years and has been tireless in promoting poetry in the Diablo Valley and beyond. I wish I could be at her last formal Laureate reading today, but as I can't, I'm sending this virtual bouquet.

Thanks to the poet of Diablo Valley rose culture, Carolyn Parker, for today's image.