Poems at Prick of the Spindle, bloghopping, more AWP memories

I have two poems up in the current issue of Prick of the Spindle: "Wine Under a Fig Tree" and "Things to Say to the Clouds." If anyone's doing a wine or cloud anthology out there, I'd love to give them a print life!

Prick of the Spindle was a new zine to me, located through Facebook, which is increasingly my form of bloghopping. On Facebook, I learned of Barn Owl Review (hi, Mary!), and located old friends Caketrain Journal and Black Lawrence Press, plus many more. Duotrope Digest and New Pages are great ways to find poetry journals and zines, but Facebook puts personalities behind the publications.

At AWP (offsite), we had a great reading for the anthology Beyond Forgetting: Poetry and Prose About Alzheimer's Disease. I'm so glad to have met and read with the wonderful poets and writers who were there, a moving and meaningful reading organized by the editor, Holly Hughes -- especially glad to have met Holly! Here's a picture of the group.