More Embarrassing Riches in Poetry Publishing

The end of 2016 was very lucky for my poetry publishing. In this second installment on an embarrassment of riches, I'm delighted to share my poem, "Bird Bones", which was recently published in the redoubtable Prairie Schooner.

Thanks, editors!

I also had work published in Eclectica's 20th anniversary anthology, Prairie Schooner, Atlanta Review, Panoply (who very kindly nominated my poem for a Pushcart Prize!) and Peacock Journal (where they put beauty first).

Prairie Schooner had published some of my poems before, but as it's a top literary magazine, it's always a thrill when they grab something. And I'm always surprised by what they accept, as I was with the very first set of two poems they took. It's a print-only journal. Here is a photo of the poem page:

 

The PS issue is full of stellar poets and writers, people I'm proud to be among. I really recommend getting a copy. And not just to read my poem (you just did that). I recommend reading in all these journals. Gorgeous, breathtaking, heartbreaking, soul-awakening work in every one of these magazines. You won't be sorry.










Labels: , , , , ,