New review of Letters to the World in poemeleon

Jeannine Hall Gailey, author of Becoming the Villainess, has written a review of the anthology Letters to the World: Poems from the Wom-Po Listserv. It's up at poemeleon. Gailey had exactly the same first thought I had: "I have to admit when I first heard about this anthology project I felt…dubious." She ends the review with a great summary of the reading experience: "... I like this anthology mostly for representing so many voices, so many points-of-view, so many stylistic choices, instead of the narrow range that most anthologies embrace. I’d compare it the experience to shopping at the produce department of the local A&P for many years, then suddenly finding yourself in the midst of Seattle’s Pike Place market, surrounded by stacks of marvelous fruits, vegetables and flowers from hundreds of countries, from every season, of every color and shape."

There are other goodies in the new issue of poemeleon, this issue's theme being Gender. Take a look.