My poem in About Place Journal celebrates my hometown

I'm happy today to have my poem, "On the Rocks, Cliffs, and Tidepools" up in the current issue of About Place, "a literary journal published by the Black Earth Institute dedicated to re-forging the links between art and spirit, earth and society." My poem is in the current issue "The Future of Water," alongside poems from Susan Terris, Alex Cigale, Alan Kleiman, Ann E. Michael, Jeff Gundy, and too many more to name. I'm happily making my way through this rich read. Edited by Debra Marquart, the issue honors, celebrates, documents, and mourns the important connections we have with water in its many forms–fresh or saltwater, frozen or liquid. My poem is a memoir of my hometown, San Pedro, once home to America's tuna fishing fleet.


Labels: , ,